Help with 7800DXL Router after 2.32c firmware install

General discussions for anything not model specific
Trafford lad

Help with 7800DXL Router after 2.32c firmware install

Post by Trafford lad »

Can anybody help me please?
New to this so please bear with me, i am using the 7800DXL which up until yesterday was working just fine using the 2.32b firmware, however i noticed there is this new firmware release 2.32c and after installing last night i can no longer get Wifi ?1?
I have done everything advised and i can think of but to no avail ? I am using both the 5Ghz & 2.4Ghz frequencys - as i say being a novice i really dont know the difference - tried re-setting to factory defaults before & after the 2.32c update and still no wifi ?

The Router itself has both the 2.3Ghz and 5 Ghz lit solid green as well as the DSL & internet & Iphone / Tablet etc says connected - but i cannot access the internet at all.

Any suggestions please - thanks in advance
billion_fan

Re: Help with 7800DXL Router after 2.32c firmware install

Post by billion_fan »

Trafford lad wrote:Can anybody help me please?
New to this so please bear with me, i am using the 7800DXL which up until yesterday was working just fine using the 2.32b firmware, however i noticed there is this new firmware release 2.32c and after installing last night i can no longer get Wifi ?1?
I have done everything advised and i can think of but to no avail ? I am using both the 5Ghz & 2.4Ghz frequencys - as i say being a novice i really dont know the difference - tried re-setting to factory defaults before & after the 2.32c update and still no wifi ?

The Router itself has both the 2.3Ghz and 5 Ghz lit solid green as well as the DSL & internet & Iphone / Tablet etc says connected - but i cannot access the internet at all.

Any suggestions please - thanks in advance
Have you run through the quick start section to setup a broadband band connection?? Also have you tried changing the SSID and wireless security key, then attempt to connect a wireless device to the new SSID/network
Trafford lad

Post by Trafford lad »

Hi Thanks for reply.
I did go through the quick start section like i did exactly when i first bought the router 2 months ago but i haven't tried changing the SSID and wireless security key - do you think this is the problem ?
I just carried on entering the security key from when i first bought it.

I will try that would you mind giving a few step by step instructions on how to do it or point me in the right direction.

Sorry but i am a complete novice at this.

Many Thanks.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Trafford lad wrote:Hi Thanks for reply.
I did go through the quick start section like i did exactly when i first bought the router 2 months ago but i haven't tried changing the SSID and wireless security key - do you think this is the problem ?
I just carried on entering the security key from when i first bought it.

I will try that would you mind giving a few step by step instructions on how to do it or point me in the right direction.

Sorry but i am a complete novice at this.

Many Thanks.

1.Login to the router on http://192.168.1.254
2. Use the username 'admin' and the password 'admin' to login
3. Click on 'Configuration >> Wireless 2.4G (wl0)/Wireless 5G (wl1) >> Basic'
4. Chnage the 'SSID' to something new eg 'Billion' and click on 'Apply'
5. Click on 'Security' on the left hand side (under Wireless 2.4G (wl0)/Wireless 5G (wl1))
6. Change the 'WPA/WAPI passphrase' to new password min 8 max 63 characters
7. Click on 'Apply'
8. Now attempt to connect to the new network name, using the new password set in step 6

I hope this helps :D
Trafford lad

Post by Trafford lad »

Excellent - thanks i will try that and let you know how i get on.

Thanks.
Trafford lad

Post by Trafford lad »

Hi again,

Tried what you suggested renaming network and creating new password in WPA/WAPI but still no internet whilst logging in to that network.
WPS is disabled should that be enabled also even after applying / saving new network and password I notice on the router admin page the 'BSSID' is still using the old password - wouldn't this change after changing the password as suggested ?

Think I'm going mad - any further advice please ?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Trafford lad wrote:Hi again,

Tried what you suggested renaming network and creating new password in WPA/WAPI but still no internet whilst logging in to that network.
WPS is disabled should that be enabled also even after applying / saving new network and password I notice on the router admin page the 'BSSID' is still using the old password - wouldn't this change after changing the password as suggested ?

Think I'm going mad - any further advice please ?
Which web browser are you using to make these changes??

WPS should not be enabled.
Trafford lad

Post by Trafford lad »

using Google chrome all the settings are there on the router but problem remains
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Trafford lad wrote:using Google chrome all the settings are there on the router but problem remains
So you are able to connect to the 2.4g band and the 5g band is that correct??

What IP address does your wireless device get??

Are you able to ping the router once connected to the wireless connection??

Have you setup anything else on the router?

If you still have issues send us back up of your config file and I will check it out for you. (set the routers password to 'admin' before making a backup of your config file)

Submit your issue on the following link http://www.billion.uk.com/esupport/inde ... ets/Submit
Trafford lad

Post by Trafford lad »

Hi, I can't connect to anything at all at the moment even though wireless devices say they are connected - still unable to access the internet.
The green LED lights 2.4g and 5g band are lit solid green as are both DLS and internet
What does ping the router once connected to the wireless connection mean ?
I haven't set up anything else on the router - it is only used to access internet wirlessly on phones / tablets.

How do i send you a back up of the config file ?

Bet you are sorry you offered to help now :|

Thanks.