DHCP IP address issues with multiple AP's

General discussions for anything not model specific
PDilly

Re: DHCP IP address issues with multiple AP's

Post by PDilly »

UPDATE

I ditched the Linksys a while back and upgraded to a Zyzel 8 port gigabit switch. All has been well for a while but recently the iOS devices showed wireless connection but weren't fully functioning.

I have taken out all the fixed IP addresses and only the router is the DHCP server. The two 3100SN's have IP's sequential to the router and outside DHCP.

I guess my question now is should all the wireless AP's be broadcasting on the same channel?

Any thoughts anyone?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

PDilly wrote:UPDATE

I ditched the Linksys a while back and upgraded to a Zyzel 8 port gigabit switch. All has been well for a while but recently the iOS devices showed wireless connection but weren't fully functioning.

I have taken out all the fixed IP addresses and only the router is the DHCP server. The two 3100SN's have IP's sequential to the router and outside DHCP.

I guess my question now is should all the wireless AP's be broadcasting on the same channel?

Any thoughts anyone?
For some apple devices you might want to try and match the wireless channels, from my previous experience with another customer he had issues with a mac that wouldn't automatically connect when the AP was using a different wireless channel.

Worth a quick test :D
tongclub62

Post by tongclub62 »

Thanks for update. ;)