Wireless time schedule

General discussions for anything not model specific
Myristyl

Wireless time schedule

Post by Myristyl »

Greetings,
I have owned a 7300N for a few years now. It has been a brilliant router but I am thinking of upgrading (Gigabit etc). I noticed that the 7800 series routers allow you to put the wireless on a schedule. This is really useful!
My question is, does it power down the wireless or just refuse connections during the off period?

Thanks.
billion_fan

Re: Wireless time schedule

Post by billion_fan »

Myristyl wrote:Greetings,
I have owned a 7300N for a few years now. It has been a brilliant router but I am thinking of upgrading (Gigabit etc). I noticed that the 7800 series routers allow you to put the wireless on a schedule. This is really useful!
My question is, does it power down the wireless or just refuse connections during the off period?

Thanks.
On the new 7800 series, you can setup two time schedule rules for the wifi network, setting the time/date to desired time will enable the wireless network.

Once the this time has expired eg I set 9:39 ~9:40 at 9:41 the wifi network was turned off. (it will only be on between 9:39~9:40)
Myristyl

Re: Wireless time schedule

Post by Myristyl »

Hi Billion_fan. Thank you for your reply.
Just to clarify - when the wifi is turned off is it no longer powered - as if it had been unplugged?

Thanks again.