Port Mirroring

General discussions for anything not model specific
pinche

Port Mirroring

Post by pinche »

Is there any way of setting up port mirroring on the DSL/WAN interface of the Billion BiPAC 8800AXL? If it is possible, does it only work for the Switched ports or is possible to mirror the DSL port?
Thanks
billion_fan

Re: Port Mirroring

Post by billion_fan »

pinche wrote:Is there any way of setting up port mirroring on the DSL/WAN interface of the Billion BiPAC 8800AXL? If it is possible, does it only work for the Switched ports or is possible to mirror the DSL port?
Thanks
Let me check with our engineers, and get back to you :D
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

billion_fan wrote:
pinche wrote:Is there any way of setting up port mirroring on the DSL/WAN interface of the Billion BiPAC 8800AXL? If it is possible, does it only work for the Switched ports or is possible to mirror the DSL port?
Thanks
Let me check with our engineers, and get back to you :D
Use the following URL to monitor xDSL traffic to specific LAN port (only works with a PPPOE connection on DSL, the port mirror function does not support PPPOA, most ISP's you can use PPPOE for a ADSL connection eg PlusNet, BT Etc)

http://192.168.1.254/engdebug.html
pinche

Post by pinche »

Hi billion_fan,

I ended up buying the 8800AXL but having a SKY broadband (uses PPPoA) did not bother trying to mirror the DSL port. I recently switched to BT and they do use PPPoE, however the option on the page is limited to selecting input interface and mirror output interface.
Mirror.PNG
With this settings a receive no input on P4 (I am assuming is port 4 on LAN).
Do I have to specify another option somewhere? Is there any way I can download additional documentation regarding the mirroring options on the router?

Kind Regards.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pinche

Post by pinche »

Sorry billion_fan,

disregard last post. I have two ethernet interfaces in my computer and was checking the wrong one.
The port mirroring function does work as simple as using the right interface!

Thanks again.
JamesChedwick

Post by JamesChedwick »

Our favourite modem routers – the Billion 8800NL and the enhanced Billion 8800AXL – provide superb performance and represent great upgrades for broadband users using either conventional ADSL broadband or fibre broadband. For fibre broadband users, they are also fully compatible with G.INP, which is an enhancement implemented on BT’s fibre network to improve error performance and broadband speeds further. The good news is also that these are fully compatible with BT’s TV service and its multicast delivery of TV content, unlike many other third-party routers. In this article, we show how to set up the Billion 8800 series modem routers to work with BT’s TV service.