Replacement ?

General discussions for anything not model specific
norsenoddy

Replacement ?

Post by norsenoddy »

Hi my 7800n is on it's way out :( so need to replace it , all I need is something for adsl ( not much chance of fibre coming my way ) on a longline that isn't great + good wireless . So I suppose what I'm asking is what's the most basic model ( cheapest ;) ) that would be up to this ? cheers
billion_fan

Re: Replacement ?

Post by billion_fan »

norsenoddy wrote:Hi my 7800n is on it's way out :( so need to replace it , all I need is something for adsl ( not much chance of fibre coming my way ) on a longline that isn't great + good wireless . So I suppose what I'm asking is what's the most basic model ( cheapest ;) ) that would be up to this ? cheers
Our entry level device is the Bipac 8800NL R2.

Attached is the data sheet for the device
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
norsenoddy

Post by norsenoddy »

that looks ideal assuming it will work on our not very good 58 attenuation :) cheers I'll look in to it
norsenoddy

Post by norsenoddy »

I've ordered the 8800nl r2 but was wondering when making alteration to the settings does it have to reboot like the 7800n does ?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

norsenoddy wrote:I've ordered the 8800nl r2 but was wondering when making alteration to the settings does it have to reboot like the 7800n does ?
No reboot needed, when making a SNR change the line will drop and then re-sync
norsenoddy

Post by norsenoddy »

Thanks yet again :) do I have to register the router for warranty cover ? because I can't find anything about it in the paper work with the router
norsenoddy

Post by norsenoddy »

sorry one more thing in the firmware section how can I tell the latest for the R2 , this one is 2.50a.d11 cheers
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

norsenoddy wrote:sorry one more thing in the firmware section how can I tell the latest for the R2 , this one is 2.50a.d11 cheers
Attached is a link to the latest firmware for the Bipac 8800NL R2

http://www.billion.uk.com/esupport/inde ... on-250ad13
norsenoddy

Post by norsenoddy »

thanks for the link ,I've already found and updated so it is connecting now but not as well as I was expecting sync is no better than the not very good plusnet router :( made some alteration ( unticked most of the connection options ) and it does seem a bit better but we'll see how it settles in . The error counts seem high . Cheers