Using the 7300 as a wireless access point.

Discussions for BiPAC 7300 series: 7300, 7300G, 7300N..etc
weemalkie

Using the 7300 as a wireless access point.

Post by weemalkie »

Up until recently I have been using the 7300N as my main router with no problems. As a Talktalk customer I have just upgraded to include Youview which comes with it's own router which I am now using.

I would like to extend the wireless range of my network and was wondering if the 7300N could be utilised in the mode. I am looking for a wireless option so that I do not have to run any cables.

Any information on how this could be done if at all possible would be greatly appreciated. I have tried looking at a few other forums but far too technical for me and involved downloading additional firmware etc.

Many thanks
billion_fan

Re: Using the 7300 as a wireless access point.

Post by billion_fan »

weemalkie wrote:Up until recently I have been using the 7300N as my main router with no problems. As a Talktalk customer I have just upgraded to include Youview which comes with it's own router which I am now using.

I would like to extend the wireless range of my network and was wondering if the 7300N could be utilised in the mode. I am looking for a wireless option so that I do not have to run any cables.

Any information on how this could be done if at all possible would be greatly appreciated. I have tried looking at a few other forums but far too technical for me and involved downloading additional firmware etc.

Many thanks
Does the talktalk router support WDS??
weemalkie

Post by weemalkie »

I have searched the internet and read the manual but cant find any reference to WDS
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

weemalkie wrote:I have searched the internet and read the manual but cant find any reference to WDS
The only way to link both device via a wireless connection is to use WDS.
weemalkie

Post by weemalkie »

Many thanks.

Back to the drawing board then!
sparkgates

Post by sparkgates »

when I utilized ping summon for access Ethernet association after arrange remote association message are showcase locations are off base .After this thread i get my solution/answer thanks to sharing.