Using 7300N as modem only

Discussions for BiPAC 7300 series: 7300, 7300G, 7300N..etc
wonderbudgie

Using 7300N as modem only

Post by wonderbudgie »

I have been using my 7300N as a modem and router with no problem but I now want to use it just as a modem and use an Apple Aiport Extreme as my router. Can anyone advise what settings I need to use in the Billion in order to switch off the wifi elements and just have as a modem?

Thanks
billion_fan

Re: Using 7300N as modem only

Post by billion_fan »

wonderbudgie wrote:I have been using my 7300N as a modem and router with no problem but I now want to use it just as a modem and use an Apple Aiport Extreme as my router. Can anyone advise what settings I need to use in the Billion in order to switch off the wifi elements and just have as a modem?

Thanks
You need to change the 'Protocol' to 'Pure Bridge' and then connect your Apple Airport Extreme to the 7300N and setup the WAN method on the Apple Aiport Extreme as PPPOE, and enter your username and password for you ISP within the Apple Aiport Extreme.

You can disable the wireless function under 'Basic >> WLAN' at the top it should have a option called 'Disable WLAN'
wonderbudgie

Post by wonderbudgie »

Thanks for the reply. Can I just confirm one more thing - do I follow the steps in order - i.e. I don't disable wireless on the 7300n until the Airport Extreme is configured?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

wonderbudgie wrote:Thanks for the reply. Can I just confirm one more thing - do I follow the steps in order - i.e. I don't disable wireless on the 7300n until the Airport Extreme is configured?
Yep that's right