Can't edit firewall rules

Discussion for BiPAC 7402 series: 7402, 7402G, 7402X, 7402GX, 7402NX..etc
spoiler

Can't edit firewall rules

Post by spoiler »

Tried editing a custom firewall rule on a 7402NX, but it didn't save the changes, just remained at the original setting. Tried to change a port number and outbound to block. This is on firmware: 6.22b.

When I tried on another 7402NX I have, running firmware 5.53.s6.b1, the rule changed okay.

Is there any issue with the latest firmware?
billion_fan

Re: Can't edit firewall rules

Post by billion_fan »

Have tried using the offical firmware from our website.

Here is a link,

http://www.billion.uk.com/esupport/inde ... 1-firmware

Please downgrade your firmware, and make sure you reset back to factory default settings, this is to ensure all changes within the firmware are implemented correctly.

Do not restore settings from newer firmware builds.
spoiler

Post by spoiler »

6.22b is an official firmware release right? You gave me a link to it in my previous post about IPv6 support?

Unless 6.04b.ds1 supports IPv6, I'll stick with 6.22 and work round the firewall rule issue.

Thanks.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

I just tested 6.22b and yes I can confirm the same issue you reported.

Firmware 6.22b was not a offical release, and that is the reason it was not released on the offical website.

The firmware section I pointed you too, was test firmware, but was the only firmware that supported IPv6 on the 7402 at the time.

There is a newer firmware out 6.24b and I have just tested it and it does not have the issue with removing firewall rules. It also support IPv6.

Please submit a ticket on our website, and request the firmware and state your model. (Link below)

http://www.billion.uk.com/esupport/inde ... ets/Submit
spoiler

Post by spoiler »

Will do, thanks.