Not connecting automatically?

Discussion for BiPAC 7402 series: 7402, 7402G, 7402X, 7402GX, 7402NX..etc
Adikt88

Not connecting automatically?

Post by Adikt88 »

Hi all,

This might be a simple solution / a problem with the firmware I'm not sure. Today we had a red internet light on our 7402X router. After restarting the router several times / unplugging the power for 5-10 mins then turning it back on it still appeared red and unable to connect to the internet. When i logged into the settings and on the advance > status page and clicking disconnect to make it stop trying to connect wait 10-30 seconds then click connect it then started working again.
billion_fan

Re: Not connecting automatically?

Post by billion_fan »

Who is your ISP?

Normally if you restart the router it should automatically reconnect.

If you restart your router now, does the same issue occur?
Adikt88

Post by Adikt88 »

i have checked with our ISP and they reported no problems, at the time with this error it was not reconnecting only showing a red internet light on the router. i had to log into the router click disconnect wait 10 seconds then connect to get it to start working. after doing this it started working as normally.

but only by doing this did it start working.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Adikt88 wrote:i have checked with our ISP and they reported no problems, at the time with this error it was not reconnecting only showing a red internet light on the router. i had to log into the router click disconnect wait 10 seconds then connect to get it to start working. after doing this it started working as normally.

but only by doing this did it start working.
Well it seems the router was failing authentication at the time (red internt light) normally if you restart the router, it will restart the authentication process.

Who is your ISP, maybe you can change the WAN Protocol to PPPOE if the happens again and see if you have any issues when using this protocol.
Adikt88

Post by Adikt88 »

our ISP runs throw ADSL so change the WAN protocol to PPOE will not solve it. just find it very strange that this has happened.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

No changing over to PPPOE might resolve the issue of not being able to reconnect (this solution worked with customers)
Adikt88

Post by Adikt88 »

Well the issue of not being able to reconnect got resolved when i manually clicked disconnect to stop it from re-trying to 10-20 seconds and then clicking connect. Not really sure why this router got stuck.