Billion 7700N - Multicast TV Streaming

Discussions for BiPAC 7700 series: 7700N
BigJohnD

Billion 7700N - Multicast TV Streaming

Post by BigJohnD »

I posted before about using the 7700N with BT instead of their Home Hub, and everything has been fine. Download speeds are shown as "Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps): 17676" (in reality around 15000 kbps) which is fine for streaming. I am about 500m from the exchange.

However, I get Error IPC6023 with BT TV on my Humax Youview Box.

The Humax is connected to the router via Devolo dLAN 200AV Plus. Cockpit shows the link from the router to the box to be about 45Mbits/sec and all lights are green. So that seems fine. In fact, BBC iPlayer is usually pause free, even in HD, so capacity/bandwidth does not seem to be an issue.

The issue seems to be Multicast IP Routing Protocol. It has been suggested to me that I remove the 7700N and use the BT Home Hub, and my problems will be over. (Is this correct??

Question: Does the 7700N support Multicast IP Routing Protocol and if so, how do I check it's active and/or enable it?

http://m.setuprouter.com/router/billion ... -large.htm ?

Many thanks. John.
Last edited by BigJohnD on Fri May 12, 2017 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BigJohnD

Re: Billion 7700N - Multicast TV Streaming

Post by BigJohnD »

Update:

The good news: It's all working. And the wife's watching the tennis from Madrid.

The bad news: I swapped the 7700N for the BT HH.

(Aside: I was impressed with the way the HH found my printers and secondary WAP using their own pre-determined local IP Addresses.)