400 Bad Request

Discussions for BiPAC 7700 series: 7700N
paul2463

400 Bad Request

Post by paul2463 »

Hello
I have a weird problem with my 7700N, whenever I go into the menu settings of the router to change configuration etc, the first time I click on an option I get the "400 Bad request" and a big pink screen, I click again and I get the page I wanted, this is not normally a problem when just viewing settings but when I wish to add a setting to the parental control page, I click on "Add" and I get the above problem, I then click on Parental Control Twice more ( once to go through the "bad request") and then I start over again not being able to do anything as it does not return me to the page I started when I click "add" and it fails. I have reinstalled the firmware and I have reset back to factory and then reinstalled my settings all to no avail, does this mean my trusty router is "On its way out"?
billion_fan

Re: 400 Bad Request

Post by billion_fan »

paul2463 wrote:Hello
I have a weird problem with my 7700N, whenever I go into the menu settings of the router to change configuration etc, the first time I click on an option I get the "400 Bad request" and a big pink screen, I click again and I get the page I wanted, this is not normally a problem when just viewing settings but when I wish to add a setting to the parental control page, I click on "Add" and I get the above problem, I then click on Parental Control Twice more ( once to go through the "bad request") and then I start over again not being able to do anything as it does not return me to the page I started when I click "add" and it fails. I have reinstalled the firmware and I have reset back to factory and then reinstalled my settings all to no avail, does this mean my trusty router is "On its way out"?

Try clearing your web cache and browsing history, or try using a different web browser
paul2463

Post by paul2463 »

Hi Thanks for the reply, but to check it wasnt my computer or the LAN cable, I logged into the router via wireless from my wifes laptop and was getting the same error
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

paul2463 wrote:Hi Thanks for the reply, but to check it wasnt my computer or the LAN cable, I logged into the router via wireless from my wifes laptop and was getting the same error
What version of web browser are you using on both computers???
paul2463

Post by paul2463 »

latest up to date Firefox (version 26.0) and thanks for that reply, I have just tried it with Internet Explorer with no errors at all ( not really happy as I don't like IE at all!) , wonder whats up with Firefox then? (but that's the subject of another question in another forum)

Once again thanks
borislavbaros

Post by borislavbaros »

I have faced a problem with 7700N, I think there is a problem in the configuration. When I click on any option I some times get a command as "400 Bad request" and then I get a big blue screen.Then I need to restart or refresh the system.Why is this happing so..
Last edited by borislavbaros on Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

borislavbaros wrote:I have faced a problem with 7700N, I think there is a problem in the configuration. When I click on any option I some times get a command as "400 Bad request" and then I get a big blue screen.Then I need to restart or refresh the system.Why is this happing so..
As stated above use internet explorer
borislavbaros

Post by borislavbaros »

billion_fan wrote:
borislavbaros wrote:I have faced a problem with 7700N, I think there is a problem in the configuration. When I click on any option I some times get a command as "400 Bad request" and then I get a big blue screen.Then I need to restart or refresh the system.Why is this happing so..
As stated above use internet explorer

Thank you..I will try it..