internet light orange

ratchet25

internet light orange

Post by ratchet25 »

I have given my 7800n to my dad because I'm now on VDSL. It has worked on my phone line perfectly for the last two years. At his house I set everything up as it should be, I've double checked the BT username and password and the router will sync with the exchange but won't give me any internet access. With his 2wire router everything is fine (but it has poor wireless, hence the wish to replace with the 7800n) but not the Billion.

I have tried different filters and am connected to the router with an ethernet cable. Any ideas? Am I missing something obvious? He is on ADSL2+.
billion_fan

Re: internet light orange

Post by billion_fan »

ratchet25 wrote:I have given my 7800n to my dad because I'm now on VDSL. It has worked on my phone line perfectly for the last two years. At his house I set everything up as it should be, I've double checked the BT username and password and the router will sync with the exchange but won't give me any internet access. With his 2wire router everything is fine (but it has poor wireless, hence the wish to replace with the 7800n) but not the Billion.

I have tried different filters and am connected to the router with an ethernet cable. Any ideas? Am I missing something obvious? He is on ADSL2+.
It might be a authentication issue, as the internet light is on orange

Check the status page under to see what is happening with the WAN, (connecting or authentication failed should be listed under 'Operation')

If that fails reset the unit back to factory default settings, then login to the router, click on 'WAN' on the left hand side (basic menu), enter your broadband settings and click on 'Apply' the router should save and reboot, which is needed when any WAN changes are made

I hope this helps :D
ratchet25

Re: internet light orange

Post by ratchet25 »

Thanks, I'll give it a go over the weekend.