Scheduled restart/reload

PhilCS

Scheduled restart/reload

Post by PhilCS »

Hi, just started using a Billion 7800N in order to see if it makes any difference to my line connection issues. I live 7k from the exchange and suffer from regular line drops throughout the day (mostly between 17:00 and 06:00). I previously used a Netgear 834G v4 but after reading all the reviews about the Billion, thought I would give it a try. The Billion does not appear to be any better dealing with the line however it does appear to manager to maintain a higher downstream speed. When the line drops, the Billion does not always manage to train back to the higher speed and I was looking to reload the Billion after 06:00 in the morning when the line is more stable. I have been unable to find any documentation coving scheduled reloads.

Regards,
:D
PhilCS
billion_fan

Re: Scheduled restart/reload

Post by billion_fan »

PhilCS wrote:Hi, just started using a Billion 7800N in order to see if it makes any difference to my line connection issues. I live 7k from the exchange and suffer from regular line drops throughout the day (mostly between 17:00 and 06:00). I previously used a Netgear 834G v4 but after reading all the reviews about the Billion, thought I would give it a try. The Billion does not appear to be any better dealing with the line however it does appear to manager to maintain a higher downstream speed. When the line drops, the Billion does not always manage to train back to the higher speed and I was looking to reload the Billion after 06:00 in the morning when the line is more stable. I have been unable to find any documentation coving scheduled reloads.

Regards,
:D
PhilCS

Try the following link http://192.168.1.254/tcwd.html
Tomken

Post by Tomken »

I don't know it it's me but that link is hanging.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Tomken wrote:I don't know it it's me but that link is hanging.
Is your routers IP address 192.168.1.254?
Tomken

Post by Tomken »

billion_fan wrote:
Not in the ISP supplied one I have hooked up at the moment - should have realized that.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Tomken wrote:
billion_fan wrote:
Not in the ISP supplied one I have hooked up at the moment - should have realized that.
lol
PhilCS

Post by PhilCS »

Thanks billion fan, works a treat. Are there any more useful hidden commands ?

Regards,

PhilCS
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

PhilCS wrote:Thanks billion fan, works a treat. Are there any more useful hidden commands ?

Regards,

PhilCS
The only other hidden page that I am aware of is the SNR hidden page, which is already known to everybody (http://192.168.1.254/snr.html)
Lucylue

Post by Lucylue »

i suffer from regular line drops throughout the day,too.but usualy happen in the morning..the same trouble und looking for help ,i will try your suggestions.thanks.