7800DXL not allowing EE WiFi Calling

sploits

7800DXL not allowing EE WiFi Calling

Post by sploits »

Hi everyone,

I've just got myself a Samsung Galaxy S6 on EE. The good thing I like about this is the fact it comes with WiFi calling as the mobile signal in my house is non existent.
For some reason though my 7800DXL isn't allowing WiFi calling to work. I plugged my old Home Hub 3 in and WiFi calling works with no problems but when I go back to my 7800DXL it just won't work.
I've tried activating SIP, deactivating it, reseting the router but to no avail. The EE forums say that it works on IMS (I'm not sure what that is) but I'm just not getting why the old HH3 works yet my trusted 7800DXL doesn't.

Any help would be great.
billion_fan

Re: 7800DXL not allowing EE WiFi Calling

Post by billion_fan »

Can you try the attached firmware, once upgraded disable ALG >> IPSEC as shown on the attached screen shot (you can disable ALG >> IPsec under 'Configuration >> NAT >> ALG')
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sploits

Post by sploits »

Hi Billion Fan,

I'm currently at work but once i get home tonight I shall give it a blast and report back.

Many thanks :)
sploits

Post by sploits »

Hi Billion Fan,

I can confirm that the firmware you sent me and with IPSec switched off has cured my problem.

I now have EE WiFi Calls :)

Thank you
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

sploits wrote:Hi Billion Fan,

I can confirm that the firmware you sent me and with IPSec switched off has cured my problem.

I now have EE WiFi Calls :)

Thank you
No problem mate :D
velocipede

Post by velocipede »

Confirm turning IPSEC ALG to OFF on my Bipac 8800NL also worked. Thanks Billion Fan! :D