Editing WAN profile billion 7800n

growfins

Editing WAN profile billion 7800n

Post by growfins »

Hi there,

first of all, thanks to Billion for giving us a UK dedicated forum !

I've got an issue with setting up a new WAN profile on my 7800n (firmware 1.06d) as I've just gone live on a new ADSL connection with BE today and have been trying to change the WAN profile to the recommended settings. I logged in to the router and changed the relevant WAN settings as recommended (MPoA VCI/VPI as recommended etc). I saved the config file and then re-started the router but it reverted back to the old PPoA profile for my previous ISP.

I've also tried editing the values and using the Add button to create another profile connection, but when I save the config file and re-start it keeps defaulting back to the PPoA connection. I've also tried re-setting using factory defaults and then entering the MPoA settings > saving the config file > restarting the router, but the settings still won't stick.

Is there something I'm missing here ?

Other forums have given the advice to freshly install the firmware and restart using factory defaults, but I thought I'd post here first.

thanks in advance
growfins

Re: Editing WAN profile billion 7800n

Post by growfins »

update - isue solved via tech support - solution :

Reset to factory defaults >WAN profile configured in BASIC mode instead of advanced > Save config. Settings now sticking.
nicotine

Post by nicotine »

Might sound a bit dumb but did you press the "Apply" button?

BiPAC-7800N ADSL24 40Mbps FTTC
growfins

Post by growfins »

yes, that should read:
growfins wrote:Reset to factory defaults >WAN profile configured in BASIC mode instead of advanced > CLICK APPLY >Save config.
No Apply button in Advanced Mode found, ended up chasing my tail instead.
nozzer

Post by nozzer »

Found exactly the same problem yesterday after updating to fw 1.06d. Resolved in the same way as above after much hairloss! Is this going to be fixed?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

When using the advanced wan section, there is no 'Apply' button, but there is a 'Edit/Delete' button, this will edit the WAN settings, but you still need to save the config and restart with current settings for changes to take effect.
growfins

Post by growfins »

Thats the steps I used the first time round, but it still reverted to the old profile settings after re-starting. Anyway, problem solved by going via the BASIC tab instead. Thx