BiPAC 7800N beta firmware for SKY (1483MER) NOW WORKING!

AndyCap

Re: BiPAC 7800N beta firmware for SKY (1483MER) NOW WORKING!

Post by AndyCap »

billion_fan wrote:
Please kindly follow below step and send us the capture packet:

1. Use 7800N Firmware ver. 1.06g

Where do you get the "G" version from?

I thought it was "SKY_UKBillion7800NV6_1.06f"

EDIT:

Never mind found it:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=356

Maybe first page should be updated with new download link!

EDIT2:

Now I am confused, does the "G" work with Sky?
aanubis2003 wrote:Have you put your actual sky username & password? User name should be (MAC address) @skydsl. And your password should be generated from visiting - www.CM9.net/skypass/ . To get the infomation you require you need to have your sky router setup to extract the info. Then complete the username & password fields that you have extracted from the sky router in the user name & password fields on your billion 7800N router. Ensure you have the UKBillion 7800NV6_1.06g Firmware flashed to your router - ensure your flash is set to reset to factory settings! Then Input the info as above you need the connection to be MP0A (RFC1483/RFC2684, Multiprotocol Encapsulation over AAL5) & Set VCI to 0 and VPI to 40. That should do the trick.
EDIT 3:

Getting clearer LOL
billion_fan wrote:Hi

Yes firmware 1.06g supports SKY MER for ADSL.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

johnsonp wrote:Does this new firmware help us on Sky Fibre? If not - now you have "cracked" the mechanism any chance it can be applied for us fibre users?
Check here, Bipac 7800N now supports Sky Fibre MER via EWAN

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=382

Test firmware can be found near the bottom the thread posted by admin
deano777

Post by deano777 »

Hi,

my new SKY ADSL service has come live today

I've got my billion working on the connection, as i'm still in the trial period (when they test the line speed etc etc) do you think it would be best leaving the SKY router plugged in for the next couple of weeks?

thanks
AndyCap

Post by AndyCap »

I would if it was me but in the mean time I would extract the user details from it.
tinytim

Post by tinytim »

I agree with AndyCap , I used a Sky router until well after DLM had finished just in case there's an issue.

The reality is that it probably won't make a jot of difference either way.

If you use the Billion I'd make sure that SRA (seamless rate adaption) is enabled just to avoid any router reboots.
precision

Post by precision »

Thanks to share they all information are help full....
daimonhall

Post by daimonhall »

I have just upgraded to the SKY Professional 80MB DL / 20MB UL. It works and maintains a speed of 40MB DL, but I have to use the SKY Router to get above 40MB. I am currently using 1.06g beta firmware.

Any suggestions as to how to fix or do I need to wait for a fix?

QOS is switched off.

Thanks

Daimon
Last edited by daimonhall on Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tinytim

Post by tinytim »

Not using QoS are you as that seems to have a bad effect on speed?
j0nnyb0y

Post by j0nnyb0y »

IMAG0030.jpg
Hi,

Don't usually get as far as changing settings on routers etc, but I have got so fed up with the Sky router and its weak wifi that I started looking for a good alternative. Reviews etc pointed me towards the 7800N which is sat here on my desk next to me. . . . . not connected to the internet :? I have managed to upgrade the firmware and I have my Sky username and password. I think I have followed the instructions that are on this forum to the letter but I am getting the attached.

Can someone help me with an 'Idiots Guide' to getting the 7800N to work with Sky. I know it will be worth it ! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

j0nnyb0y wrote:
IMAG0030.jpg
Hi,

Don't usually get as far as changing settings on routers etc, but I have got so fed up with the Sky router and its weak wifi that I started looking for a good alternative. Reviews etc pointed me towards the 7800N which is sat here on my desk next to me. . . . . not connected to the internet :? I have managed to upgrade the firmware and I have my Sky username and password. I think I have followed the instructions that are on this forum to the letter but I am getting the attached.

Can someone help me with an 'Idiots Guide' to getting the 7800N to work with Sky. I know it will be worth it ! :D

Reset your device back to factory default settings and start again (from the screen shot you have added alot of PPP connections which are not neeeded)

Once resetted follow these steps.

1. Login to the router web configuration page
2. Click on 'WAN' on the left hand side
3. Change the 'Protocol' to 'MPOA'
4. Change the 'Encap Method' to LLC/SNAP
5. Change the VPI to 0 and VCI to 40
6. In the 'Client ID section' enter your Sky username and password (normally extracted from your Sky router) example username@skydsl|password, be sure to use "|" inbetween your username and password'
7. Click on 'Apply'

If this does not work, try to change the 'Protocol' to PPPOA, Encap method VC-MUX VPI- 0 VCI - 38 and enter your extracted username and password in sections provided, click on 'Apply' and the router will save in reboot, which is a must for any WAN changes. (the reason I suggest using PPPOA is your Sky line might not support MER authentication)

Let me know how you get on