Users on the network and static IP’s on the 7800N

slipd83

Users on the network and static IP’s on the 7800N

Post by slipd83 »

Hi guys,

Can anyone help me; I'd like to know if it is possible to assign static ip's to my hosts? Also, are there any options of checking who is connected at any one time to the network?

Thanks!

slipd83
billion_fan

Re: Users on the network and static IP’s on the 7800N

Post by billion_fan »

Hi slipd83

You can check the devices connected to the network by checking the ARP Table or DHCP Table, if assigned via DHCP server, if your computers are using a static IP you can check the ARP Table.

If you want to assign a device a static Internal IP, you can set this using the MAC address of the device in the Fixed Host option within the DHCP server section.

Check this thread for using Fixed Host option.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4
slipd83

Post by slipd83 »

Thanks for the link mate, I found it be searching actually - works a treat!

All my devices are DHCP bar 2, they're static IP. I'll try out your suggestion later when I get home ;)

Thanks again!

slipd83
slipd83

Post by slipd83 »

billion_fan wrote:Hi slipd83

You can check the devices connected to the network by checking the ARP Table or DHCP Table, if assigned via DHCP server, if your computers are using a static IP you can check the ARP Table.

If you want to assign a device a static Internal IP, you can set this using the MAC address of the device in the Fixed Host option within the DHCP server section.

Check this thread for using Fixed Host option.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4
Thanks mate! Worked a treat... but is there a way of checking who is currently connected? I'm comparing it to my old Netgear (DG834G) which had the option to view 'attached devices' and that would show you what was currently connected - don't suppose there's anything like that on the 7800N?

Cheers, slipd83
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Not that I have seen within the web gui.

Maybe via telnet, but I don't have all commands