Firmware problem with 7800N 1.06d

bandbshrewsbury

Firmware problem with 7800N 1.06d

Post by bandbshrewsbury »

I've had the 7800N for 6 months now on 1.06b and it's been good but not perfect.

I flashed to 1.06d and that day, every 15 minutes or so everyone loses their wireless conection to the internet (5 PCs in.the house and they all have problems now) I've read of a few people on other boards in exactly the same position as me, eveything was perfect, apply 1.06d and they have the same problem I describe. We are still connected to the router but the internet goes.

I want to reflash to an older version that I know worked quite well. I'd be grateful if someone would someone post me UK 7800N version 1.06b?

Thanks. Pete
nozzer

Re: Firmware problem with 7800N 1.06d

Post by nozzer »

Before you roll back the firmware, try this. Are all your wireless devices using the same protocol, eg 802.11g? If so, check to see if the router has reset itself to transmit in 802.11b+g+n; I had a very similar problem until I set it to just transmit in a single band.
bandbshrewsbury

I set it up exactly as it was before. I know people always say that then realise they have done something diffenrent but I am very familiar with the settings and have checked and re-checked them many times whilst scratching my head. The router is set to transmit in g+n. and all devices are at least capable of g. It's set to 100% transmit power, it's always on, transmitting on the same channel as before. I even used my wifi analyser on my android phone to see competing networks and found there was no problem. Tried other transmitt channels but problem persists. I now have it set exactly as it was before I had problems.

I'm thinking the problem is with the DHCP server. Windows 7 touble shooter keeps saying there is a problem with the dhcp server.

I've seen other posts where people have had these problems and they have given themselves a static ip and low and behold, it has fixed the problem. I have tried this and not had a problem for the last 20 minutes which is looking good, web page load time seems to be much improved too.

I've had a strange problem with this router since I got it, very often when I restart it, the dhcp server doesn't work on the first restart so I have to do a manual restart with the power button to get it to work. Seems like the dhcp server is flakey on my billion.

Regards, Pete
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Have you tried to reset back to factory default settings after the firmware upgrade to make sure all changes within the firmware are implemented correctly.

I would do it, then setup the WAN, and then the wireless and have a quick test.

If there was a DHCP issue, wired computers will also be effected.

I attached firmware 1.06b for you, hope this helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bandbshrewsbury

Yes I did a restore to factory defaults after I flashed the firrmware which was done via a network cable connection. Under normal circumstances, none of our computers are wired. Thanks for 1.06b.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Did 1.06b solve your issue? just wondering