FTTC Modem only options

General discussions for anything not model specific
michty_me

FTTC Modem only options

Post by michty_me »

I believe my current all-in-one box setup could be failing due to it locking up causing errors which in turn is kicking the DLM in resulting in lower sync speeds.
I'm after a seperate modem with the latest Broadcom chipset (BCM63138??) so I can return to the two box setup and hopefully be a little more reliable. Any suggestions on an item that would suit my needs?
billion_fan

Re: FTTC Modem only options

Post by billion_fan »

michty_me wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:41 am I believe my current all-in-one box setup could be failing due to it locking up causing errors which in turn is kicking the DLM in resulting in lower sync speeds.
I'm after a seperate modem with the latest Broadcom chipset (BCM63138??) so I can return to the two box setup and hopefully be a little more reliable. Any suggestions on an item that would suit my needs?
8900 series is BCM 63168

8800NL R2 is BCM 63381

8800AXL R2 is BCM 63167

All above are one box solutions modem/router, (the devices can be configured into modem only mode (Bridging) if needed)

We don't have a device with BCM 63138
michty_me

Re: FTTC Modem only options

Post by michty_me »

Oh, That's a pity. Any idea if one will be released?
I have an all in one box already with a BCM63138 chip and a modem only with a 63168 chip for a backup device but it is pushing on a bit. I was hoping there would have been a Billion product similar so I could get back on the reliability wagon!