Enabling Firewall ?

Tomken

Enabling Firewall ?

Post by Tomken »

Had a look on the Knowledgebase for this and the screenshots don't resemble those on my 7800N.

Clicked Advanced>Configuration>Firewall and there wasn't an option for Firewall Log to configure in the side menu.

Also, in the Packet Filter setup - which Protocol do I use as Protocol 17 wasn't listed either as per the screenshot.

While not being techie with this stuff - I can follow instructions if they are there :?:
billion_fan

Re: Enabling Firewall ?

Post by billion_fan »

The firewall is enabled by default, the packet filtering option is there if needed, you can always revert to manual for further info.

When adding a packet filtering rule you will see a 'Log' box which you can tick this should enable the firewall log for you.

Thanks
Tomken

Post by Tomken »

billion_fan wrote:The firewall is enabled by default, the packet filtering option is there if needed, you can always revert to manual for further info.

When adding a packet filtering rule you will see a 'Log' box which you can tick this should enable the firewall log for you.

Thanks
Thanks billion_fan

Don't know what you mean by manual or how and don't know which pkt filtering rule or protocol to use to enable the Firewall log.

At the moment it's still blank :?:
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Hi Tom

Please check the attached screen shot showing how to enable protocol 17 in the packet filtering section, with added logs enabled.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tomken

Post by Tomken »

Thanks billion_fan, I'll see what that produces.

See what you mean by being on by default - so does it have to have a protocol designated before it starts to log ?
Last edited by Tomken on Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomken

Post by Tomken »

Did all that but still have a blank Firewall page :?:
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

It may not have any logs for that protocol.