Bopac 7402X port forwarding to single external IP

Discussion for BiPAC 7402 series: 7402, 7402G, 7402X, 7402GX, 7402NX..etc
phild23

Bopac 7402X port forwarding to single external IP

Post by phild23 »

I bought the 7402X with the impression that it supported port forwarding to a single external IP.

The scenario is as follows.
RMS SQL server on site, a port has to be opened up to the outside world to allow RMS to access the onsite SQL server, I have already achieved this by using a simple port forward to the Lan IP of the server.
RMS advise that for maximum security the SQL server Lan IP IP should have port forwarding to only one external IP or a range of IP's specified by them., e.g. xxx.xxx.xxx.128-143

I haven't been able to get single port forwarding working.

I assumed that the "one to one" Nat would fit the bill, but when the desired port is forwarded to the external IP the port forwarding doesn't work, nor can the Server PC browse the outside world.

Am I using the "one to one" functionality correctly, or is that simply to allow a subnet from my ISP to give multiple fixed IP's (as would seem to be the case from the vague documentation).

If the One to One Nat function will not work is there another way to achieve the desired outcome, i.e. port forwarding to specific IP addresses and still allow regular web/email access from the LAN IP.

Thanks in advance.

Phil
billion_fan

Re: Bopac 7402X port forwarding to single external IP

Post by billion_fan »

Hi

Try setting a rule within the firewall packet filtering section as shown on the screen shot below.

I used VNC as a example, if your firewall is off at the moment I would suggest settings it to 'Low' and then add the rule.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
phild23

Re: Bopac 7402X port forwarding to single external IP

Post by phild23 »

Thanks, I'll give it a try.