Line Quality monitoring.

nozzer

Line Quality monitoring.

Post by nozzer »

Anyone know of any software (such as DMT (http://img.mhilfe.de/dmt8.png), which doesn't work with the 7800 series) which will give line quality stats in graphical form on the 7800N? Something like the link shows.

Routerstats Lite works but only gives basic info such as up/down line speeds and SNRM.
dmsims

Re: Line Quality monitoring.

Post by dmsims »

Routerstats (full version) works very well

For the router search text:

Use this URL for the stats page (or whatever ip address for the router)
http://192.168.1.254/status/adslstatus.html

Tick Use source A, get the page and mark the stats that you want

Telnet:

login set to admin and password - cannot see an option to use a different password ?

Change telnet prompt to >

Change chipset, command set to adsl info --stats

Most of the telnet stats and Bits/Tone work except for Up/down connection rate and max rate - displays just 1 or 2 figures (which will be fixed)
nozzer

Post by nozzer »

That's brilliant! Thanks.

I've tried using Routerstats before but obviously not managed to choose the right combination of settings. The only things I'm doubtful about is when you say "get the page and mark the stats that you want"... there's a big list of commands that appears but how do you figure out which is which from it all?

Anyway, I got the bit loading spectrum working so most of the stats I want are visible. :D
Last edited by nozzer on Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
faircot

Post by faircot »

nozzer
I'd be interested to know how you've managed to get DMT to work. I've tried different versions and settings - but without success so far.
nozzer

Post by nozzer »

Sorry faircot, I got DMT on the brain! What I meant was that I got the bit loading working in Routerstats. Error corrected above. I've not had any luck with the DMT tool either but Routerstats does the job, thanks to dmsims.
dmsims

Post by dmsims »

nozzer wrote:The only things I'm doubtful about is when you say "get the page and mark the stats that you want"... there's a big list of commands that appears but how do you figure out which is which from it all?
OK let's take downstream sync as an example - just highlight that number (only) and click the relevant mark button on the right hand side labelled RX Sync

faircot

Post by faircot »

Thanks for that info, dmsims. Works perfectly.
nozzer

Post by nozzer »

Same here! Thanks a million! :D