7800DXL Keeps Crashing

billion_fan

Re: 7800DXL Keeps Crashing

Post by billion_fan »

midnightlightning wrote:HI,

I've been running my 7800DXL (firmware 2.24b) as discussed on page 1 of this thread with all power management disabled and am still losing connection to it every few days.

I've not been able to see a pattern I just find no access to the internet and when I try and connect to the DXL I can't. I tried to ping it tonight from the main PC with Ethernet connection and it came back with a failed message although it also said 1 of 4 pings was received, the other 3 failed.

Each time it locks up I have green lights across the display and I've not seen any dropped connections.

I have included some stats below (these are from 2hr 20mins running since the last lockout).

Could it be a faulty unit - any help greatly appreciated?

Thanks Jon

Status

xDSL

xDSL
Mode ADSL_G.dmt
Traffic Type ATM
Status Up
Link Power State L0

Downstream Upstream
Line Coding (Trellis) On On
SNR Margin (dB) 5.4 21.0
Attenuation (dB) 24.5 11.0
Output Power (dBm) 20.0 12.0
Attainable Rate (Kbps) 9368 1064

Rate (Kbps) 7968 448

K (number of bytes in DMT frame) 250 15
R (number of check bytes in RS code word) 20 16
S (RS code word size in DMT frame) 1.00 1.00
D (interleaver depth) 64 4
Delay (msec) 16.00 8.00
INP (DMT symbol) 2.37 0.13

Super Frames 701332 701332
Super Frame Errors 1 0
RS Words 95381084 5961237
RS Correctable Errors 3371 0
RS Uncorrectable Errors 34 0

HEC Errors 11 0
OCD Errors 0 0
LCD Errors 0 0
Total Cells 224055855 0
Data Cells 13772025 0
Bit Errors 0 0

Total ES 1 0
Total SES 0 0
Total UAS 13 13

I think the lockup issues are more related to the firmware, and we should have a newer firmware released soon to address these lockup issues.
midnightlightning

Post by midnightlightning »

Ok, thanks, I'll keep checking back.

Just as an update my wireless is now connecting around 135Mbps which is way better than I used to get with my Netgear router - and that's through a 9inch brick wall :D
Garthark

Post by Garthark »

Hi,
Any possibility of supplying the original firmware that it shipped with or an ETA on the new firmware.

Since upgrading the firmware to 2.24b almost every time I change a wi-fi setting (e.g. add a mac adress to the MAC filtering page for the wi-fi) the router crashes. before I upgraded I didn't suffer from this issue. I also tried reflashing to factory defaults (with the 2.2b firmware) to try to fix the issue to no avail the same issue still remains.
Last edited by Garthark on Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
swatboy79

Post by swatboy79 »

I assume u mean 2.24b? I am surpused as the origonal firmware to which you refer was even worse for me, it uber hung up anything to do with wifi esp with apple devices, All 3 interfaces had the same MAC address which was causing these issues.

There is a new firmware (which you mention) set to come out within the next week which they assure us will fix the hangups, as for downgrading not sure it will help much :?:

I have found with this router, if you just leave it be and do not even look at it, it is actually sable (i am being kind), someone else noted this in another thread.
midnightlightning

I've not changed any router setting in weeks but mine keeps locking up, happens every few days. I was surfing for an hour yesterday morning then suddenly no connection Router had green lights across the board but I couldn't connect to it. Turn off and on and it's fine for another few days.

Other than that it's an excellent router but unless this can be fixed it's useless as I can only reboot it if I am at home and I need to be able to access my network when away.
BadMelonFarmer

Post by BadMelonFarmer »

Same issue here with a new 7800DXL - subscribing to thread to get updates on new firmware fix.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

BadMelonFarmer wrote:Same issue here with a new 7800DXL - subscribing to thread to get updates on new firmware fix.

Beta firmware can be found here for the Bipac 7800DXL.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=919
midnightlightning

Hi,

The beta only fixes the specific lockout, will the final release fix general lockouts?

My 7800DXL was working fine when I went to bed last night, was locked out this morning and locked out again when I got home from work. Each time I needed to on/off reboot.

I haven't changed anything and before that it had been up constantly for around a week since it last crashed.

Faulty unit?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

midnightlightning wrote:Hi,

The beta only fixes the specific lockout, will the final release fix general lockouts?

My 7800DXL was working fine when I went to bed last night, was locked out this morning and locked out again when I got home from work. Each time I needed to on/off reboot.

I haven't changed anything and before that it had been up constantly for around a week since it last crashed.

Faulty unit?
The next firmware release should resolve all lockup issues (I hope) . As soon as we have news on the final firmware release, we will post them.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

billion_fan wrote:
midnightlightning wrote:Hi,

Faulty unit?
The next firmware release should resolve all lockup issues (I hope) . As soon as we have news on the final firmware release, we will post them.

Please try the following firmware, this firmware should resolve all lockup issues.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=931