Telnet doesn't recognize admin/admin

Tomken

Telnet doesn't recognize admin/admin

Post by Tomken »

I've been trying to login to my 7800N to view CRCs etc but when trying to login both via Telnet and PUTTY, after entering admin at login prompt, I only get a flashing cursor at the Password prompt.

The cursor doesn't respond to the input and after typing admin>Enter I just get another prompt on the next line. This accepts the input but after pressing Enter - doesn't recognize admin.

Anyone have any ideas how to get round this - others on TalkTalk forum have no probs including at least one with 7800N
billion_fan

Re: Telnet doesn't recognize admin/admin

Post by billion_fan »

I have just tested the telnet option, and found the same issue (not showing the typed password), but I can login using 'admin' as the password.

You have to type the password, even though it will not show the password you have typed. Then press enter.

Are you sure you have not changed the admin password?

Here is a screen capture my telnet session, I think this is what you were looking for.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tomken

Post by Tomken »

Hi Billion_fan,

Thanks for your reply.

I have managed to get in since my original thread and have already tried that cmd as advised by Billion techs, also "adslctl info --show" which returns as invalid or not found.

Not sure how else to phrase the cmds listed in ?/help in order to access the full router stats.
Last edited by Tomken on Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomken

Post by Tomken »

Finally got the cmd "adsl info --stats" to work :D