BiPAC 7800N beta firmware for SKY (1483MER) NOW WORKING!

billion_fan

Re: BiPAC 7800N beta firmware for SKY (1483MER) NOW WORKING!

Post by billion_fan »

catonkatonk wrote:1.06g was working wonderfully until today. Just gets stuck on DHCP. Perhaps Sky have changed the way the password is calculated?
Try using PPPOA with your same username and password, this will verify your username and password

Some Sky users have reported that they can only seem to connect via PPPOA, plugging up your Sky router and logging into the unit should also verify this.
catonkatonk

Post by catonkatonk »

billion_fan wrote:
catonkatonk wrote:1.06g was working wonderfully until today. Just gets stuck on DHCP. Perhaps Sky have changed the way the password is calculated?
Try using PPPOA with your same username and password, this will verify your username and password

Some Sky users have reported that they can only seem to connect via PPPOA, plugging up your Sky router and logging into the unit should also verify this.
Thank you.

Indeed, the backup configuration file of the Sky router was showing a PPPOA connection, but I didn't think Sky was able to just switch protocols like that without orphaning their old routers. The more you know.
I actually used the "macspoofing" setting in the Billion conf file to connect just in case - no spoofing enabled in the interface if you select PPPOA. Either way, all good. Can't stand Sky's router.
So thanks, again.
bigsyd

Post by bigsyd »

Hi guys new member and new billion user :) I am on sky broadband ( not fibre ) so to use this router on sky do I HAVE to upgrade to this fw? I have my username and password
Do you think my Billion BiPAC 7800N 802.11n Dual WAN Router + 4-Port Gigabit Switch when it is delivered will be an improvement on my Sagemcom F@ST2304
Also is it relatively straight forward to upgrade the fw on the billion

Sorry for all the questions :oops:
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

bigsyd wrote:Hi guys new member and new billion user :) I am on sky broadband ( not fibre ) so to use this router on sky do I HAVE to upgrade to this fw? I have my username and password
Do you think my Billion BiPAC 7800N 802.11n Dual WAN Router + 4-Port Gigabit Switch when it is delivered will be an improvement on my Sagemcom F@ST2304

I can't comment on the Sagemcom F@ST2304 as I have never used one.

As long as the firmware is 1.06g and above you should be fine.

Here are the steps needed to conenct using MER athentication on Sky ADSL
1. Login to the router web configuration page
2. Click on 'WAN' on the left hand side (Basic Menu)
3. Change the 'Protocol' to 'MPOA'
4. Change the 'Encap Method' to VC-MUX
5. Change the VPI to 0 and VCI to 40
6. In the 'Client ID section' enter your Sky username and password (normally extracted from your Sky router) example username@skydsl|password, be sure to use "|" inbetween your username and password'
7. Click on 'Apply'
8. Let the router save and reboot and then check the status page.
bigsyd

Post by bigsyd »

billion_fan wrote:
bigsyd wrote:Hi guys new member and new billion user :) I am on sky broadband ( not fibre ) so to use this router on sky do I HAVE to upgrade to this fw? I have my username and password

I can't comment on the Sagemcom F@ST2304 as I have never used one.

As long as the firmware is 1.06g and above you should be fine.

Here are the steps needed to conenct using MER athentication on Sky ADSL
1. Login to the router web configuration page
2. Click on 'WAN' on the left hand side (Basic Menu)
3. Change the 'Protocol' to 'MPOA'
4. Change the 'Encap Method' to VC-MUX
5. Change the VPI to 0 and VCI to 40
6. In the 'Client ID section' enter your Sky username and password (normally extracted from your Sky router) example username@skydsl|password, be sure to use "|" inbetween your username and password'
7. Click on 'Apply'
8. Let the router save and reboot and then check the status page.
:D thanks for your info m8 will update when the router arrives
bigsyd

Post by bigsyd »

Just like to say a big thanks to billion_fan ,router turned up today so did the F/W update then re set and then input the new settings...bingo worked 1 st time thank foooook lol
mobisat

Post by mobisat »

Up until this morning my box has been working fine 7800N using firmware 1.06h

This morning my box won't obtain DHCP from Sky, I plugged my Sky hub in and it connects fine. Has something changed overnight?
Billion 7800N router 1.06h firmware
pjs1600

Post by pjs1600 »

ours too has been working on 1.06f just fine up until last weekend. upgraded to 1.06h now and still stuck on DHCP client in progress.

Whats changed does anybody know, were in plymouth by the way
Shervi

Post by Shervi »

This happened to me this morning.

Router is stuck and trying to obtain an ip address.

This is the error in the log

Jan 01 00:18:16 daemon UPNPD[469]: ioctl(s, SIOCGIFADDR, ...): Cannot assign requested address
Jan 01 00:18:16 daemon UPNPD[469]: Failed to get ip address for interface nas_0_0_38
simoncmo

Post by simoncmo »

i am using the 7800n on sky fibre i have managed to connect the 7800n with ewan but have been advised there is a better way to do it. i followed the guide on here using the ewan settings and using my extracted username and password but i have been told i will get better results using the method on this link http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Feature ... extID=1441 but it will not connect just says adsl link down.

any help or advice would be brill thanks

simon :roll: