Lag on Online Gaming

bathingape

Lag on Online Gaming

Post by bathingape »

Hi there - I've had Sky Fibre for about a year now and I thought that this would have fixed my online gaming lagging issues - mainly on the Fifa series.

Basically whenever I'm playing a game of Fifa, and someone else in the house decided to stream from Youtube or iPlayer etc, then I suffer from lag, which is rather annoying. I thought moving to fibre would have fixed this but it doesn't seem to have helped.

I own a Billion Bipac 7800N and have even setup QoS on it, giving my PS4 priority over other traffic, and limiting the iPads and kids phones to around 30% of the connection, but this still doesn't fix the issue.

Is there anything else I could do to try and resolve?
billion_fan

Re: Lag on Online Gaming

Post by billion_fan »

bathingape wrote:Hi there - I've had Sky Fibre for about a year now and I thought that this would have fixed my online gaming lagging issues - mainly on the Fifa series.

Basically whenever I'm playing a game of Fifa, and someone else in the house decided to stream from Youtube or iPlayer etc, then I suffer from lag, which is rather annoying. I thought moving to fibre would have fixed this but it doesn't seem to have helped.

I own a Billion Bipac 7800N and have even setup QoS on it, giving my PS4 priority over other traffic, and limiting the iPads and kids phones to around 30% of the connection, but this still doesn't fix the issue.

Is there anything else I could do to try and resolve?
What QOS rule did you setup?? Upload or Download?
bathingape

Post by bathingape »

both mate.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

bathingape wrote:both mate.
What Sky modem are you using (model number)
bathingape

Post by bathingape »

billion_fan wrote:
I'm using a BT Modem mate, with a 7800n as the router
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

bathingape wrote:
billion_fan wrote:
I'm using a BT Modem mate, with a 7800n as the router
Can you post a screen shot of your QOS setup? (showing the upload and download rules)