Can't Connect to DynDNS Addresses from Internal...

bathingape

Can't Connect to DynDNS Addresses from Internal...

Post by bathingape »

I've got a strange problem which has just started happening today. I'm not sure if it's just a glitch or something though.

Basically I have a dyndns address and i have setup as follows:

home.dyndns.org:5050 <-- CouchPotato
home.dyndns.org:8084 <-- SabNZBD
home.dyndns.org:8099 <-- CCTV

I have been able to access the above sites when i am connected to my internal network via wifi/wired for years. I've got bookmarks setup in my browser which take me straight to them however as of today I am no longer able to browse to them. I thought this may be a dyndns issue however I am able to reach these sites from my Android phone via 3G. I am also able to connect to the above sites using the 192.168.x.x address but I have never ever had to use this in the past.

Can anyone put a finger on as to what the problem could be?

Please bear in mind that I have had this setup working for absolutely ages and I haven't changed anything within my router setup either lately.
billion_fan

Re: Can't Connect to DynDNS Addresses from Internal...

Post by billion_fan »

bathingape wrote:I've got a strange problem which has just started happening today. I'm not sure if it's just a glitch or something though.

Basically I have a dyndns address and i have setup as follows:

home.dyndns.org:5050 <-- CouchPotato
home.dyndns.org:8084 <-- SabNZBD
home.dyndns.org:8099 <-- CCTV

I have been able to access the above sites when i am connected to my internal network via wifi/wired for years. I've got bookmarks setup in my browser which take me straight to them however as of today I am no longer able to browse to them. I thought this may be a dyndns issue however I am able to reach these sites from my Android phone via 3G. I am also able to connect to the above sites using the 192.168.x.x address but I have never ever had to use this in the past.

Can anyone put a finger on as to what the problem could be?

Please bear in mind that I have had this setup working for absolutely ages and I haven't changed anything within my router setup either lately.
Have you tried to reboot the router, from your post it may look to be a nat loop back issue, very strange that it would all of sudden stop working
bathingape

Post by bathingape »

bizarrely it's usually my first option but I haven't tried a reboot yet. Will do tonight!
bathingape

Post by bathingape »

billion_fan wrote:Have you tried to reboot the router, from your post it may look to be a nat loop back issue, very strange that it would all of sudden stop working
So i've just tried a reboot and the NAT loopback issue still remains. Rather annoying and frustrating.

My firmware version is 1.06h and as mentioned before, has worked perfectly fine up until yesterday.
bathingape

Post by bathingape »

So I've not taken this opportunity to upgrade to 1.06h.dt2. This hasn't fixed the NAT Loopback issue.

However it has fixed my blank DHCP table problem, which wasn't too much of a nuisance .

Any ideas? :(
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

bathingape wrote:So I've not taken this opportunity to upgrade to 1.06h.dt2. This hasn't fixed the NAT Loopback issue.

However it has fixed my blank DHCP table problem, which wasn't too much of a nuisance .

Any ideas? :(
Maybe try backing up the config, then reset the unit back to factory default settings, and manually rebuild your setup and see if NAT loop back kicks in.
bathingape

Post by bathingape »

thanks - that may be a job for the weekend :/
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

bathingape wrote:thanks - that may be a job for the weekend :/
Might be worth a try, it shouldn't be a big issue, as you will have a backup of your config to fall back on
bathingape

Post by bathingape »

billion_fan wrote:
bathingape wrote:thanks - that may be a job for the weekend :/
Might be worth a try, it shouldn't be a big issue, as you will have a backup of your config to fall back on
thanks - i'll report back this weekend hopefully.