Billion 7800N - Power management?

Daventry

Billion 7800N - Power management?

Post by Daventry »

Hi,

Does the 7800N have power management features? If so how can I turn them off?

I have some TP-Link powerline adapters at home and the one connected to the router has its powerline led gone out overnight or while I'm at work.

This did not happen with the Thomson router supplied by PlusNet.

Please advise.

Regards.
billion_fan

Re: Billion 7800N - Power management?

Post by billion_fan »

Daventry wrote:Hi,

Does the 7800N have power management features? If so how can I turn them off?

I have some TP-Link powerline adapters at home and the one connected to the router has its powerline led gone out overnight or while I'm at work.

This did not happen with the Thomson router supplied by PlusNet.

Please advise.

Regards.
The Bipac 7800N does not have any power management options within the web gui, I would advise you to try a different Ethernet port on the router to see if the same issue occurs.
Daventry

Re: Billion 7800N & TP-LINK TL-PA4020PT issues.Power managem

Post by Daventry »

Will try that, thanks.

According to the powerline adapter manual, the second light going off means the adapter is in sleep mode. I have also asked in the TP-LINK forums.

I have changed the post title as my concern is how to get the router working with the adapter.

Regards.
Tomken

Re: Billion 7800N - Power management?

Post by Tomken »

If billion_fan's suggestion doesn't work then I would advise that you contact TP-Link Support as they may need a firmware update http://uk.tp-link.com/Support/ but I would suggest reading the first review in this Amazon site, although it dates from 2013 and for a different Powerline Adapter, the same may apply. http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-PA51 ... merReviews